I am so honored to say that I have been nominated for The Sunshine Award TWICE by two different bloggers. On October 17th I was nominated by Lauren Markman at Sorry, Mom. I Didn’t Listen. On November 1st I was nominated by Krissy at Minute Made Mama.
SUNSHINE AWARD RULES:
1.Thank and recognize your Nominating Blogger
2. Give 11 Random facts about yourself
3. Answer the 11 questions given by your Nominating Blogger
4. Pick 11 Blogger Nominees
5. Post 11 questions for your Nominees(you can not nominate your Nominating Blogger)
11 FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. I was born with an umbilical hernia.
2. I played the flute in high school, and was pretty good too.
3. I danced in the dance line in marching band and I LOVED IT!!!!
4. My husband and I met when we were college freshmen.
5. I didn’t want kids when I was younger.
6. I LOVE pizza!
7. My name means “Heavenly Cloud.”
8. When I grocery shop, I like to start at the back of the store and work my way up.
9. I HATE shopping at Walmart.
10. Sometimes I am too nice. I am working on this, lol.
11. Without God in my life I don’t know where I would be!!!!!!!
QUESTIONS FROM SORRY, MOM. I DIDN’T LISTEN:
What’s your favorite book and why? The Jellyfish Season. I read this when I was a pre-teen and I still remember it. It was a coming-of-age story and I could relate to it at the time.
What time do you get up most mornings? 8 am
What’s your favorite way to relax? Read a book, watch a favorite tv show
If you could rename yourself anything, what name would you choose? Marcia (pronounced Mar-see-yah) This is my middle name and I think it’s much prettier than my first name.
What do you most wish you could teach your child? I wish to teach her about God and how to rely on him fully through faith.
What is the last non-children’s song you listened to? Something on the radio in the car…
Name the best family tradition you have. Cooking together at Thanksgiving.
What is your biggest fear? That I will fail as a parent.
What did you like most about being pregnant? I loved feeling the baby move.
Should peanut butter be crunchy or smooth? SMOOTH, duh! LOL!
When was the last time you danced? Yesterday night at Zumba. I love it.
QUESTIONS FROM MINUTE MADE MAMA:
1. Who was your favorite teacher? Why? My favorite teachers were Mrs. Crow from kindergarten because she was so patient and extremely kind. Also, Mrs. Britain, my geometry teacher. She always stopped when she saw the confused look on my face. She never left me behind. God rest her soul.
2. If you could only grab three items to take from home in an emergency, what would you take? My cell phone, a book, and lotion.
3. What song are you embarrassed to admit is on your playlist? Baby Got Back
4. What animal would you say you are most like? A gorilla.
5. Where is your favorite place to blog? In the living room when everyone is asleep.
6. If you could only eat one food for a month, what would you choose? Chicken noodle soup – classic style
7. What advice would you give to the next generation? Don’t rush into any decision. Take your time in everything.
8. What is your favorite decade in history? Why? The 1960s. People seemed to have true family values then.
9. The mall is closing all but one store. Which store would you hope remained open? JC Penny, baby!
10. What do you want to be remembered for? Making an impact on others’ lives.
11. How is being grown up different than you thought it’d be? The stress of being responsible for everything.
A Woman the World Deserves
Gladiator in Heels
The Bubbly Blonde
The Busy Mom’s Best-Friend
The Mom Cafe
Little Tree Vintage
Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade Tidbits
QUESTIONS FOR NOMINEES:
1. Where did you meet your first love?
2. What activities were you involved in when you were in high school?
3. If you could redo one thing in your life, what would it be?
4. Who is your favorite sibling? Why?
5. What is your dream vacation?
6. Do you prefer McDonald’s or Burger King?
7. What is the dish that your family loves for you to make?
8. Would you rather wear wedges or heels?
9. What is your favorite cartoon?
10. What would your ideal house look like? (Brick, traditional, modern, etc.)
11. What made you start your blog?